In-practice Terms of Service
In addition to the normal consultation fee, you will be charged a nominal fee for safety precautions against COVID-19 being implemented for your peace of mind. Most medical schemes cover this fee from day-to-day benefits, but if this is not the case, patients will remain liable for payment.
Virtual Consultations Terms of Service
Intercare strives to put our patients first in all we do. We recognise that you choose your doctor carefully and should not sacrifice personalised care for immediate attention.
Virtual care does not replace face-to-face health care consultations but offers an alternative for those with pressing medical needs. It is also a suitable alternative during the COVID-19 period of social distancing to lessen the risk for our patients.
- Virtual consultations have limitations and do not replace in-practice doctor consultations.
- Patient safety is a priority and the doctor may request more clinical data through a physical examination.
- Virtual consultations are not suitable for all health conditions.
- Most medical schemes pay for virtual consultations but check with your medical scheme beforehand.
- Payment for virtual consultations remains the responsibility of the patient.
- Patient notes that he/she should clarify uncertainties with the doctor during the consultation.
- Patient understands and consents to continue with the virtual consultation.