WOMENS’ HEALTH ISSUES
Women have unique health issues and some of the health issues that affect both men and women can affect women differently.
- Women are more likely to die following a heart attack than men.
- Women are more likely to show signs of depression and anxiety than men.
- The effects of sexually transmitted diseases can be more serious in women.
- Osteoarthritis affects more women than men.
- Women are more likely to have urinary tract problems.
Unique issues include pregnancy, menopause and conditions of the female organs. It is therefore recommended that women get regular screenings for breast cancer, cervical cancer and bone density.
Cervical cancer is on the increase and is almost always caused by Human Papillomavirus (HPV) infection.
Read more here