Hearsay Speech Therapy:
Having a hearing or speech impairment can really isolate you from society. Luckily there are a variety of equipment and treatments available to ensure that you don't need to avoid interaction in every day situations.
Speech therapy services address the following:
• Reading and spelling difficulties (Auditory Processing Problems)
• Language difficulties
• Speech difficulties
• Voice problems
• Articulation problems
Marelie Gous & Jacqueline Huisamen
BCommunication Pathology: Speech Therapy & Audiology
Tel. (012) 685 5570 (012) 685 5570
Fax. (012) 685 5501
If you find it difficult to speak, it limits your ability to socialize and often children with such an impairment experience difficulties at school. Our speech therapists can do an assessment and work out a rehabilitation programme to help you to regain your confidence and improve the ability to express yourself.
For people who have difficulty in swallowing and/or talking, therapy is offered by Corli Hanekom, Speech and Language Therapists.
Her areas of interest are:
- Early communication intervention for infants
- Feeding therapy for infants
- Sucking and Swallowing therapy for infants
- Swallowing therapy for adults
- Articulation therapy
- Voice therapy
- Stuttering therapy
- Language therapy
- Therapy for children with physical and cognitive disabilities
- Therapy for neurological problems like Aphasia, Dysarthria and Apraxia resulting from brain injury or a stroke
- Therapy for patients suffering from Alzheimer and Parkinson diseases
Appointments can be made at 021 943 3575 or 0861 112 163
Medical Aid rates are charged with co-payments and accounts are submitted by die practice.